Middle and/or Upper School Latin Teacher
Website St. George's Independent School
St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with students and families to serve as a Middle and Upper School Latin Teacher beginning August 2022.
As an Episcopal school, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual, and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree and two years of teaching experience required; master’s degree preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
· teach Latin I through AP Latin
· employ agile teaching methods to promote high student engagement in language study
· integrate engaging cultural and historical experiences within the study of the language
· work with other language colleagues to ensure a cohesive program that includes effective learning techniques, engaging and authentic projects, and field experiences which will combine to engender a passion for language learning
· work as a part of a grade level team to plan and implement character development, leadership, and socio-emotional initiatives
· work with students as a mentor as part of our advisory program to nurture students’ personal growth, learning, and achievement
· advise student organizations, coach sports, and/or chaperone outdoor education trips
· attend meetings and events that occur outside of school hours, both weekday and weekend
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Student Life: Candidates who can demonstrate significant past experience in leading co-curricular programs (athletics, clubs, student government) are preferred.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment and be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Angie Simpson, Human Resources, at email@example.com or 1880 Wolf River Blvd., Collierville, TN 38017.