Website Arrow Academy of Excellence Charter School
School counselors shall provide preventive and developmental counseling to school students to prepare them for their school responsibilities and their social and physical development. In providing these services, school counselors shall:
(1) Aid children in academic development through the use and interpretation of test scores, improved pupil self-concept and early identification and attention to problems that are deterrents to learning and development.
(2) Act in a consultative role to teachers relative to the use of test scores and improvement of the learning environment, use of out-of-school resources and agencies and development of a home-school liaison.
(3) Offer services related to the identification and placement of children with handicapping conditions.
(4) Serve in a consultative role to parents, in a liaison capacity, as a resource in understanding growth and development problems and as an aid in understanding how some nonschool factors affect learning and achievement of children.
(5) Serve as a resource in decreasing discipline problems through an understanding of peer relations, teacher-pupil relations, social awareness, and drug awareness.
(6) Aid in improving school attendance and retention by implementing an early identification and prevention program for potential attendance and retention problems.
(7) Serve as a resource in decreasing the incidence of juvenile delinquency by early intervention through guidance and counseling services.
(8) Act as a resource and consultant to teachers in implementing a career development program that, at the elementary school level, includes self-awareness, job awareness and pre-vocational orientation.
(9) Provide an available source for youngsters needing someone to just listen to their problems or concerns; and
(10) Serve as a resource and consultant to teachers in implementing an intervention program that utilizes conflict resolution and decision-making strategies aimed at preventing occurrences of disruptive acts by students within the school and on school property.
The minimum requirement is a license granted by the Tennessee State Board of Education.
Arrow Academy of Excellences offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and retirement benefits.