Middle School Math Teacher
Website St. George's Independent School
St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, innovative, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with students and families to serve as a Middle School Math Teacher beginning August 2022.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and at least 2-3 years teaching experience preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
● teach a wide variety of mathematics topics, ranging from pre-algebra through calculus
● collaborate with mathematics department members to continually strengthen the mathematics program as well as ensure a cohesive mathematical experience for students
● communicate mathematics clearly in a manner that enhances understanding and builds connections between content
● create materials and activities that immerse students in the applications of mathematics through experiential learning
● provide constructive, timely feedback regarding students’ mathematical processes and logic
● enthusiastically provide differentiated instruction and math help to students of all abilities daily outside of class time
● serve as a mentor for a small group of students as their advisor
● sponsor student organizations or coach sports of interest to students
● attend overnight community retreats as needed
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment and be positive, inspirational, and student-centered.