Website Beacon College Prep
Beacon College Prep, a new charter elementary school located in Raleigh, invites energetic educators to apply to the position of Art Teacher . The school is founded on the belief that all scholars, regardless of their previous education or zip code they were born into, can learn and achieve at high levels when held to the highest expectations. It is our mission to create a community that is academically rigorous, purposefully structured, and joyful, so we can prepare all scholars to succeed academically and to contribute positively to their communities.
Job Description: A high-quality education is the right of every child, regardless of race, gender, socio-economic background, home language, or disability. Our focus on rigorous academics and character development will provide our scholars with an educational experience that prepares them for success in school, college, and life. Our Art Teacher is responsible for presenting and explaining learning materials and educating scholars on fine arts. The teacher will communicate their subject matter by using direct instruction, lectures, printed, visual, audio and/or video materials. They must create a curriculum, form daily lesson plans, and prepare all lesson materials.
- Creates a classroom that is engaging, structured, and joyful
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history
- Provide instruction by which scholars develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in a wide range of art activities
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to different types of art
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of scholars with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit scholars’ work for the school and the community
- Upholds a values-based approach to maintain a positive culture among scholars and staff
- Builds strong relationships with parents and scholars
- Reinforces behavioral and operational systems across all classrooms and school spaces
- Eagerly participates and engages in weekly individual coaching meetings, weekly Professional Development, and Summer
- Professional Development with a positive attitude and growth mindset
- Assists with schoolwide transitions and routines
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Valid State Certification
- Experience in an urban public school is preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits: Beacon College Prep offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and retirement benefits. All of our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary instructional supplies. Beacon is also committed to offering professional development opportunities.
Start Date: All teaching staff will begin July 2023.