Website Beacon College Prep
Beacon College Prep Physical Education (PE) Teacher
Beacon College Prep was founded on the belief that all students, regardless of their previous education or zip code they were born into, can learn and achieve at high levels when held to the highest expectations. It is our mission to create a community that is academically rigorous, purposefully structured, and joyful, so we can prepare all scholars to succeed academically and to contribute positively to their communities.
The school opened in 2020 with two kindergarten and one first-grade class. Beacon College Prep will add a grade level each year until we are a fully enrolled K-5 charter school. Thus, for the 2023-24 School year, we are looking for high-capacity, energetic, detail-oriented, and joyful individuals to join our expanding team.
Job Description: A high-quality education is the right of every child, regardless of race, gender, socio-economic background, home language, or disability. Our focus on rigorous academics and character development will provide our students with an educational experience that prepares them for success in school, college, and life. Our Physical Education Teacher is responsible for providing excellent instruction that focuses on both physical and emotional health. In PE classes, our students will participate in traditional sports and activities that specifically call for working as a team. Our teacher will infuse key elements of mindfulness aimed at teamwork, conflict resolution, and problem-solving at the start of class to explain its importance and to give students a focal point for class. At the end of class, our teacher will reflect with the class on how well they embodied and implemented these elements.
- Creates a classroom that is engaging, structured, and joyful
- Creates and executes daily lesson plans that include a focus on both physical and emotional health
- Regularly implements feedback with grace and urgency
- Upholds a values-based approach to maintain a positive culture among students and staff
- Builds strong relationships with parents and students
- Reinforces behavioral and operational systems across all classrooms and school spaces
- Eagerly participates and engages in weekly individual coaching meetings, weekly Professional Development, and Summer Professional Development with a positive attitude and growth mindset
- Assists with schoolwide transitions and routines
- Works closely with the school leadership team to identify and plan for school events that focus on physical activities
- Identifies and creates extra-curricular opportunities for students who demonstrate an interest in sports
- By the time of employment, a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Valid State Certification
- Experience with mindfulness and wellness preferred, but not required
- Experience in an urban public school is preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits: Beacon College Prep offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and retirement benefits. All of our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary instructional supplies. Beacon is also committed to offering professional development opportunities.
Start Date: All teaching staff will begin July 2023.