Website Believe Memphis Academy
As a Special Education Teacher (“Teacher”) of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe Memphis Academy” or “the School”), this person will ensure every student receives high quality instruction delivered every single day. Specifically, the Teacher will implement the Response to Instruction and Intervention (“RTI2”) program of the School. The Teacher will report directly to the Head of School (“HOS”) or designee and will work closely with general education teachers to ensure our students receive the necessary supports and interventions to be successful within our academic program.
The contract for this position begins July 1, 2022 and expires on June 30, 2023.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with the school’s Mission and vision.
- Valid Tennessee Teacher License with Special Education certification
- At least 2 years of classroom experience as a special education teacher, managing a caseload of IEPs, preferably in a school setting serving predominantly low-income, minority students
- Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can be successful when given appropriate, responsive supports and an unshakeable conviction that it is our responsibility to ensure children receive those supports.
- Leadership experience with quantifiable results of success, outperforming peers in parallel fields and markets
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Commitment to solutions-based problem solving
- Expertise and love of instructional content
- Pristine organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and manage others to executing their responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Manage the IEPs of the founding group of students at the School and ensure all requirements of the IEP are met
- Review and, where necessary, revise student IEPs to ensure all students have the necessary supports to be successful
- Maintain positive relationships with all families of the school, including families of children with IEPs
- Lead reading intervention, enrichment groups, clubs, and/or extra tutoring as needed
- Take an active role in building positive student and team culture of the entire School, every minute of every day that is aligned to Mission, vision, and core values of Believe Memphis Academy
- Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of student achievement, promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture
- Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on consistent basis
- Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional and cultural plans that support the Mission, vision, and core values of the School
- Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all students are prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Believe, we firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of team members that are reflective of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students and by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience for our students that prepares them for a future reflective of the world in which our students will live and lead.