Website Believe Memphis Academy
As a Student Supports Specialist (“S3”) of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe” or “the School”), this person will work on the Culture Team. The Culture Team exists to provide students with behavior, social, and emotional supports to ensure students are highly successful in reaching their academic potential and to develop as leaders. The S3 will report directly to the Dean of Culture or designee (“DOC”), receiving regular feedback and coaching around his or her leadership capacity and execution of supports. The S3 will be responsible for pulling targeted small groups, providing mentorship and guidance, and supporting students when they are struggling to meet behavioral expectations in their classrooms.
The contract for this position begins July 1, 2022 and expires on June 30, 2023.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with the school’s Mission and vision.
At minimum 2 years’ experience working within low-income, minority communities with proven track record of measurable success.
- Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can be successful when given appropriate, responsive supports and an unshakeable conviction that it is our responsibility to ensure children receive those supports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with multiple stakeholders including colleagues, families, children, and partner organizations.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone.
- Commitment to solutions-based problem solving.
- Expertise and love of developing middle school aged children.
- Pull strategic small groups of students to work on tangible social or emotional skills such as problem solving, collaborative teamwork, self-regulation, or restorative conversations.
- Work with Culture Team to build individualized behavior support plans for students who are struggling to meet school-wide expectations.
- Work with Culture Team and Instructional Team to ensure all students are successful in every aspect of the School.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues of the School and families of the students to work together in achieving our Mission.
- Take an active role in building positive student and team culture of the entire School, every minute of every day that is aligned to Mission, vision, and core values of Believe.
- Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of student achievement, promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture.
- Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on consistent basis.
- Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional and cultural plans that support the Mission and vision of the School.
- Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all students are prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Believe, we firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of team members that are reflective of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students and by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience for our students that prepares them for a future reflective of the world in which our students will live and lead.