Bilingual Office Staff Position
Aurora Collegiate Academy
Aurora Collegiate Academy is a college preparatory K– 5th grade public charter school for students across Memphis. Aurora opened in August 2012 with the mission to prepare our students to enter and excel in a rigorous secondary school and eventually in a 4-year college or university.
If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to build a school that does whatever it takes to ensure college success for all children.
Members of Aurora Collegiate Academy staff will work to prepare students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade with the academic, social, and character foundation necessary to compete in college and beyond. It is the expectation that Aurora staff will teach through our mission, instill our core values, and do ‘whatever it takes’ to provide students with the education they deserve.
In order to achieve our mission, Aurora staff will:
- Speak and write English and Spanish fluently
- Adhere to all school policies
- Staff the front-desk/main office as the first point of contact for parents/families
- Communicate with families in English and Spanish via phone, letter, and email
- Translate internal and external documents.
- Input daily attendance
- Assist admin team in clerical duties
- Work effectively and professionally with all stakeholders
- Follow all professional norms
- Do ‘whatever it takes’ to achieve the mission of Aurora Collegiate Academy
- An associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college (preferred)
- Experience multitasking and prioritizing different workflows
- A willingness to complete all duties and responsibilities to the fullest
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and English (written and oral)
- A belief that all students can succeed in college and a desire to lead students to that outcome
- Must hold necessary documents to legally work in the US
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Be able to work a full-time schedule
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Grant Monda. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.