Website Capstone Education Group
This is a unique opportunity to join the work of four high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized for consistently earning TVAAS 5 ratings from the state, been the highest performing organization in the ASD for three consecutive years, scored in the 90th percentile in growth on a nationally recognized test and earned record proficiency in math and science on the state assessment. CPD and LP earned Priority School Exit Status in 2021 and have transitioned to traditional charter schools authorized by the Tennessee Public Charter School Commission. CEG will open a fourth school in the fall of 2022, Cornerstone Prep School, also authorized by the Commission, serving the Parkway Village community and beginning with Kindergarten.
Please apply soon to be considered for positions in this growing organization.
- Teacher will work with 1 assistant teacher, who will assist in preparing materials, lessons, and teaching small group instruction.
- Utilize network provided curriculum and apply effective instructional strategies to ensure all students achieve at high levels
- Utilize effective curriculum maps provided by the network
- Ensure that all lessons and assessments correlate directly to TN ELDS standards
- Produce dramatic and consistent student achievement gains
- Humbly receive and quickly apply feedback in order to increase the effectiveness of student learning
- Use data to drive instructional practices
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Serve meals and snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
- Create a classroom culture of high academic performance and strong moral character
- Continuously create and refine effective instructional practices
- Willingness to work in an extended day environment
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
- Teaching certification- Must have TN Pre-K Endorsement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion to deliver an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
- Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
- An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
- Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
- Strong communicator who is organized, reliable and detailed and effectively uses data for purposeful planning
- Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
- Value common language, assessments and systems in every CEG school
- Ability to work well in a team of high-performers
- Goal-driven, self-reflective and analytical problem solver