Website Capstone Education Group
Currently serving 1,400 students in prekindergarten-8th grade as part of Tennessee’s Achievement School District (ASD) and Tennessee Public Charter School Commission (the Commission), CEG equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community. With more than a decade of charter school experience in Memphis, CEG provides a distinctive, quality public education to low-income families in Memphis’ Binghampton, Frayser, Parkway Village and surrounding communities. CEG’s structure, perspective, methods, and systems are based on successful urban schools around the country and includes:
- Intense focus on the core subjects: reading and math
- More time learning created by an extended school day
- Standards-based lesson plans, curriculum, and assessments
- Intentional character and leadership development
- Early dismissal on Fridays for planning and professional development
- Full behavior teams, counselors, a nurse and three academic coaches to support classroom teachers
- Opportunities for educators to have leadership roles in which they can lead and serve as grade chairs and master teachers
Results from TN Ready Assessments:
- Lester Prep earned a TVAAS 5, the highest score the state gives to a school, for a record 3 years in a row
- Cornerstone Prep Denver received a TVAAS 5 for three of the past four years
- Cornerstone Prep Denver earned the highest overall proficiency rate in the entire district, making it the highest performing school in the ASD and setting the ASD record for highest overall rate of proficiency in math ever recorded
- Lester Prep tied the ASD record for the highest middle school math score ever in the district
- CEG had the highest performing school in the district for the fourth consecutive year
- Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, has launched a 4th school in the fall of 2022, has set ASD records for math achievement and 3 consecutive years of TVAAS 5 growth, has earned priority school exit status by turning around the lowest performing school in the state, and has scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
- Teacher will work with 1 assistant teacher, who will assist in preparing materials, lessons, and teaching small group instruction.
- Utilize network provided curriculum and apply effective instructional strategies to ensure all students achieve at high levels
- Utilize effective curriculum maps provided by the network
- Prepare monitoring keys to help ensure high quality answers provided by scholars when looking at student work during instruction
- Ensure that all lessons and assessments correlate directly to TN ELDS standards
- Produce dramatic and consistent student achievement gains
- Humbly receive and quickly apply feedback in order to increase the effectiveness of student learning
- Use data to drive instructional practices
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Serve meals and snacks in accordance with nutritional guidelines.
- Create a classroom culture of high academic performance and strong moral character
- Continuously create and refine effective instructional practices
- Willingness to work in an extended day environment
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
- Teaching certification- Must have TN Pre-K Endorsement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion to deliver an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
- Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
- An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
- Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
- Strong communicator who is organized, reliable and detailed and effectively uses data for purposeful planning
- Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
- Value common language, assessments, and systems in every CEG school
- Ability to work well in a team of high-performers
- Goal-driven, self-reflective, and analytical problem solver
Capstone Education Group:
- Capstone Education Group leads four charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep School in Parkway Village (k), and Lester Prep (6-8).
- Capstone Education Group’s Vision: CEG equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
- Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.