Website Capstone Education Group
This is a unique opportunity to join the work of four high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success and a life of leadership. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school and has launched a 4th school in the fall of 2022. CEG schools have also set ASD records for math achievement, enjoyed 3 consecutive years of TVAAS 5 growth, turned around the lowest performing school in the state and scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test. Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus and Lester Prep’s outstanding achievement have been acknowledged by the state and therefore, beginning in 2022, these two schools moved out of the ASD and into the Tennessee Public Charter School Commission.
Lester Prep, a middle school located in Binghampton, attained priority school exit status in 2021 and therefore moved out of the ASD and has been authorized by Tennessee Public Charter School Commission to continue to serve the families of Memphis. This is a unique offering for middle school students in our city.
The school will also include some exciting things for educators, including:
- Double planning periods each week
- Early dismissal on Fridays for planning and professional development
- Full behavior teams, counselors and academic coaches to support classroom teachers
- Teacher discretion and input through grade level teams
- Opportunities for educators to have leadership roles in which they can lead and serve as grade chairs and master teachers
We believe this will be an exciting opportunity for scholars and educators. The school is centrally located in our city at 320 Carpenter.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
- Work directly with Dean of Instruction and Dean of Academic Achievement to create and implement STEM curriculum and project-based instructional strategies to ensure all students achieve at high levels
- Create and use a variety of instructional techniques, media, and performance assessments
- Ensure that all lessons and assessments correlate directly to Common Core state standards
- Use technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration
- Collaborate with math and science teachers to plan and execute lessons that are aligned to skills/standards addressed in the curriculum map
- Participate in math and science data meetings
- Provide math or reading intervention during Learning Lab block
- Serve as a backup teacher for math/science classrooms
- Produce dramatic and consistent student achievement gains
- Humbly receive and quickly apply feedback to increase the effectiveness of student learning
- Use data to drive instructional practices
- Create a classroom culture of high academic performance and strong moral character
- Continuously create and refine effective instructional practices
- Willingness to work in an extended day environment
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
- Active Tennessee teaching licensure with endorsement that allows teaching middle school STEM, math or science.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Belief that there is not a more urgent task than to provide an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
- Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
- An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
- Commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all students for college success
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains
- Ability to work well in a team of high performers
- Willingness to be a team player and at times take on duties above and beyond those listed
- Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
- Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
- Value common language, assessments, and systems in every CEG school
Capstone Education Group:
- Capstone Education Group leads four charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep School in Parkway Village (k), and Lester Prep (6-8).
- Capstone Education Group’s Vision: CEG equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
- Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.