Website Capstone Education Group
This is a unique opportunity to join the work of four high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success and a life of leadership. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school and has launched a 4th school in the fall of 2022. CEG schools have also set ASD records for math achievement, enjoyed 3 consecutive years of TVAAS 5 growth, turned around the lowest performing school in the state and scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test. Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus and Lester Prep’s outstanding achievement have been acknowledged by the state and therefore, beginning in 2022, these two schools moved out of the ASD and into the Tennessee Public Charter School Commission.
Lester Prep, a middle school located in Binghampton, attained priority school exit status in 2021 and therefore moved out of the ASD and has been authorized by Tennessee Public Charter School Commission to continue to serve the families of Memphis. This is a unique offering for middle school students in our city.
The school will include some exciting things for scholars, including:
- An honors track to challenge scholars and prepare them for college
- A focus on the development of the whole child, including clubs, student advisory and athletics
- Elective classes like financial literacy and career exploration
- College visits and career-oriented speakers and field trips
The school will also include some exciting things for educators, including:
- Double planning periods each week
- Early dismissal on Fridays for planning and professional development
- Full behavior teams, counselors and academic coaches to support classroom teachers
- Teacher discretion and input through grade level teams
- Opportunities for educators to have leadership roles in which they can lead and serve as grade chairs and master teachers
We believe this will be an exciting opportunity for scholars and educators. The school is centrally located in our city at 320 Carpenter.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
Nature of the Work:
Work under the direction of the Director of Academic Achievement and Dean of Instruction to carry out the lessons designed as interventions for targeted students struggling with Common Core State Standards in ELA.
- Collaborate with teachers and Deans of Instruction to schedule delivery of Tier 2 and 3 Intervention instruction during specials and other non-core instruction during the school day
- Ensure that 80% of Tier 3 students assigned reach their CEG goal through proactive data cycle of progress monitoring, adjusting intervention resources, and delivering targeted interventions as indicated in the blueprint
- Use data from MAP, DRA, CBM, and weekly assessments to help teachers identify students who need additional supports
- Develop proficiency in a variety of literacy interventions (i.e. Heggerty, Orton-Gillingham, Wilson Phonics, Reading Mastery, Guided Reading, and Words Their Way) and be willing to share instructional practice with teachers
- Support teachers in tracking, documenting, and owning student’s progress and attend monthly RTI Data meetings to provide updates on progress monitoring trends
- Work with ELA teachers and Dean of Instruction to support reading and ELA mastery for scholars
- Support daily RLA lessons for caseload of students
- Spend time in classrooms, delivering small group lessons, targeted to meet needs of individual students
- Lead small groups pullouts as needed
- Support school focus on Accelerated Reader and Iready
- Promote books and use of school and class libraries which may include doing some library classes for students
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree (Degree in education and/or teaching certification preferred, experience teaching required)
- Passion to deliver an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
- Willingness to “sweat the small stuff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
- An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
- Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
- Strong communicator who is organized, reliable and detailed and effectively uses data for purposeful planning
- Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
- Value common language, assessments, and systems in every CEG school
Capstone Education Group:
- Capstone Education Group leads four charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (prek-5), Cornerstone Prep School in Parkway Village (k), and Lester Prep (6-8).
- Capstone Education Group’s Vision: CEG equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
- Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.