Compass-Midtown – Spanish Teacher
Website Compass Community Schools
61 N. McLean Blvd., Memphis, TN 38104
High School Spanish Teacher
2023-24 School Year
Teacher Pay & Perks:
• Intentionally small school settings – Midtown has only about 375 students in total
• Collaborative professional development (PLCs) supported by a network-level content leads
• Robust medical, dental, and vision plan with significant employer contributions to premiums
• 100% employer-funded short-term disability, life, and accidental death insurance
• Contributions in the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (AAA-rated pension plan)
• Salary ranges from $44,000 to $51,500
• Sign-on bonuses available
• REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree
• PREFERRED: valid Tennessee teaching license (generally, with endorsement #495 or #169 for Spanish)
• ENCOURAGED: Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
• Affinity with, and passion for, the compelling vision of Compass Community Schools
• Strong content knowledge in all content areas
• Driving commitment to advance student learning
• Ability to lead students toward a joyful and productive learning environment
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to build productive relationships with students and colleagues
• Desire to work hard in a balanced, extended school calendar
• Utmost personal and professional integrity
Teacher Primary Responsibilities:
• Imparting a love of content on students.
• Support and contribute to a school-wide focus on three pillars: academic excellence, values-based character education, and service learning in the community.
• Claim ownership of the privilege and responsibility to ensure high levels of student learning.
• Establish a supportive, joyful, and hopeful classroom culture that has high expectations for students’ individual and collective success.
• Instruct students with purpose, clarity, and urgency.
• Monitor student progress to ensure that student needs are being met.
• Communicate regularly with families as partners in the education of their children.
• Welcome opportunities to develop professionally.
In July 2019, Compass Community Schools opened six high-quality charter schools (five elementary and one high) in the Memphis community. Our vision is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s ideal of education: “Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” This true education – provided within a supportive, joyful, and hopeful school culture – will prepare our students to be positive agents of change in our communities.