A place for students with learning differences to belong and succeed.
Concord Academy offers students a unique learning community with an atmosphere of respect and acceptance, within a small, structured, and secure environment. Concord was founded in 1983 by a group of concerned parents who recognized that their children with learning differences were falling behind or falling through the cracks in other educational settings. The school was established to provide the best environment for student growth in all aspects of development, including specialized academic instruction, post-secondary readiness, and social/emotional learning. If you have a passion for supporting students with disabilities to reach their personal bests in learning and in life, consider joining our team of special education professionals.
- Candidates must have a valid Tennessee teaching license with Special Education endorsement;
- At least one year of prior teaching experience is required (3 or more years preferred);
- Exemplary standards of conduct in interpersonal relations, personal commitment, personal appearance, and personal investment in the school to provide a positive example for students
- Strong working knowledge of the Tennessee state-mandated curriculum skills in elementary, middle, and high school mathematics, science, spelling, reading, writing, and grammar, and ability to modify and adapt general education curriculum to meet students’ individual needs
- Familiarity with specific disabilities and learning styles and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, strong organizational and time-management skills, and high levels of motivation and creativity
- Ability to maintain ethical and professional standards and confidentiality and respect for the personal integrity of each student
- Positive discipline skills, giving encouragement and recognition for jobs done well, setting students up for success
- Ability to function as a member of an educational team and collaborate with staff
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with students and families with diverse backgrounds, functioning levels, and needs.
- PTO with reimbursement for unused days
- Generous holiday schedule
- Year-round pay (12 months)
- Retirement account – 4% of gross salary contributed by Concord
- Elective supplemental benefits
- On-site professional development
- Continuing education reimbursement
Salary is commensurate with education/experience and is based on the TN Salary Schedule for licensed instructional personnel.