Website Gestalt Community Schools
Building A Better Community Through Education
Gestalt Community School teachers design weekly lesson plans, develop standards-based assessments, analyze assessment data, and create intervention plans to meet our scholars’ needs. In addition, GCS teachers integrate technology effectively in the classrooms and implement project-based learning. Responsibilities include:
1. Knowledge of the Achievement First Curricular and ability to interpret lesson designed
2. Teaching scholars a common core based curriculum
3. Integrating technology into lessons and plans
4. Motivating scholars towards achievement
5. Meeting with parents regarding performance and conduct
6. Developing scholar improvement plans
7. Working with special educators in a co-teaching model for students with IEP plans
8. Work planning with school and network teams
9. Attending weekly required professional development training
10. Create and review student assessments
11. Tutoring students/other duties as assigned
• Holds a current TN teaching license in English/Language Arts with appropriate endorsement code 007, 159, 407, 959
• Have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Proven track record of academic success as evident in TVAAS, state assessments, and value ad data. (Preferred)
• Hold the belief that all students can learn at high academic levels.
• Uses digital content, technology integration, and project-based learning in a highly proficient manner.
• Have the ability to work in an extended day environment.
• Have the ability to teach in an inclusion environment with a co-teacher.
• Good communication and written skills required.
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills.