2023-24 K-12 Substitute Teachers
Website Gestalt Community Schools
Building A Better Community Through Education
1. Creates an educational environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and needs of the students; prepares instructional materials for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation to supervisor/administrator upon request.
2. Establishes a standard of classroom behavior; maintains classroom management in and outside of the school.
3. Assesses the accomplishments of students on an established timetable and provides written and oral progress reports to parents/guardians, administrators and selected staff; administers tests and assessments.
4. Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students within state and school requirements based on the educational, physical, and emotional levels of student development.
5. Confers with parents, administrators, specialists, mental health staff, and appropriate resource staff to develop educational programs for students.
6. Instructs students by using educational strategies and techniques to improve sensory motor and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory language, communication skills, cognition, social, and emotional development.
7. Motivates students and provides consistent reinforcement of learning skills and provides continuous assessment and feedback to students for all learning activities.
8. Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, and district and administrative regulations.
9. Assists administration in implementing all policies, and rules governing student activities and conduct.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Requires a high school diploma.
Have the ability to maintain accurate records;
Passion for Gestalt’s mission and youth development;
Reliable, organized and punctual;
Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions;
Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word; internet, and,
Must be able to pass a background check investigation