2023-24SY K-12 Teacher Assistants
Website Gestalt Community Schools
Building A Better Community Through Education
Gestalt Community Schools is a system of K--12 college--preparatory charter schools in targeted Tennessee communities. GCS schools provide strong academic outcomes for their scholars through initiatives including meaningful community involvement. GCS catalyzes community leadership to help revitalize the neighborhood as it operates its schools in that community. Instead of debating whether education impacts the community or vice versa, GCS believes that the most effective method to support student achievement is an integration of education and community (a true “gestalt”).
Gestalt Community Schools is seeking teacher assistants for the 2023-2024 school year. Teacher assistants will be assigned to elementary, middle or high school levels.
• Assists Teachers with various assignments, including copying, observation, checking attendance, and other administrative functions.
• Coordinates program activities (e.g. games, art, music, homework, etc.) for the purpose of addressing the individual and/or group needs of children.
• Evaluates situations (e.g. disciplinary problems, hazardous conditions, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Interacts with scholars in various activities (e.g. snack time, homework, etc.) for the purpose of providing for a safe and positive learning environment.
• Maintains various records and files (e.g. enrollment, daily sign-in/out log, invoices, receipts, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, meeting operational requirements and ensuring accurate documentation as required.
• Participates in various meetings (e.g. staff meetings, etc.) for the purpose of sharing information and/or improving one’s skill/knowledge.
• Maintain a safe environment for children.
• Other duties as assigned.
At least one (1) year experience working with and/or managing children or programs involving children;
• Minimum high school diploma; with a minimum of 48 college credit hours (Required)
• Have the ability to maintain accurate records;
• Passion for Gestalt’s mission and youth development;
• Reliable, organized and punctual;
• Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and school partners;
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over, the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand;
• Must be able to clearly articulate outcome requirements and provide the necessary and
appropriate resources to successfully deliver on objectives;
• Responsible and professional conduct that serves as a role model to staff and youth;
• Exhibits strong character traits and exercises patience and creativity while seeking win-win scenarios;
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
• Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word; internet, and,
• Must be able to pass a background check investigation