Website Gestalt Community Schools
Building A Better Community Through Education
Gestalt Community Schools is seeking teacher assistants for the 2021-2022 school year. Teacher assistants will be assigned to elementary, middle, or high school levels.
• Assists Teachers with various assignments, including copying, observation, checking attendance, and other administrative functions.
• Coordinates program activities (e.g., games, art, music, homework, etc.) to address children’s individual and/or group needs.
• Evaluates situations (e.g., disciplinary problems, hazardous conditions, etc.) to take appropriate action and/or direct to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Interacts with scholars in various activities (e.g., snack time, homework, etc.) to provide a safe and positive learning environment.
• Maintains various records and files (e.g., enrollment, daily sign-in/out log, invoices, receipts, etc.) to communicate information, meet operational requirements, and ensure accurate documentation as required.
• Participates in various meetings (e.g., staff meetings, etc.) to share information and/or improve one’s skill/knowledge.
• Maintain a safe environment for children.
• Other duties as assigned.
At least one (1) year experience working with and/or managing children or programs involving children;
• Minimum high school diploma; with a minimum of 48 college credit hours
- Must be Bilingual
• Have the ability to maintain accurate records;
• Passion for Gestalt’s mission and youth development;
• Reliable, organized and punctual;
• Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate solutions;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and school partners;
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over, the phone, applying tact and discretion as situations demand;
• Must be able to clearly articulate outcome requirements and provide the necessary and
appropriate resources to successfully deliver on objectives;
• Responsible and professional conduct that serves as a role model to staff and youth;
• Exhibits strong character traits and exercises patience and creativity while seeking win-win scenarios;
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
• Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word; internet, and,
• Must be able to pass a background check investigation