2023-24 Middle School English Teacher
Website Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee
Job Title: Middle School English Teacher
Work Towards Something Bigger. Shape students’ futures with Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee
About Green Dot:
Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee (GDPST) seeks Middle School English teachers to teach in the Memphis area for the 2023-2024 school year. We truly believe that every student, whatever their circumstances, holds the innate potential to achieve their goals and succeed in college, leadership, and life.
Our staff is committed to continuing their own learning and refining their practice to stay current in the field ensuring a quality education for all. GDPST offers specialized professional development, bi-weekly observations, and opportunities to grow and develop to enable strong teaching and learning in every classroom.
We are looking for English teachers that are passionate about ensuring that all students have access to a high-quality education regardless of their zip code or socio-economic status.
- Design and implement rigorous unit plans and lessons that meet the needs of all students with clear, standard aligned objectives and appropriate assessments to gauge student comprehension
- Participate in bi-weekly coaching meetings and professional development to internalize content, teaching moves, and classroom management to improve your practice
- Participate in a collaborative learning environment with other team members including grade level work, content teams, and professional development throughout the school year
- Execute school-based duties that can include student conferences, arrival and dismissal, transitions, lunch duty, and other assigned by the school leadership team
- Bachelor’ degree required
- Candidates must have either (a) valid Tennessee teaching license with the appropriate content endorsement to teach or (b) a valid out of state license that can successfully be transferred to Tennessee within 90 days of employment, or (c) demonstrate you are on track to complete the necessary steps towards certification in Tennessee.
- *If you do not hold a teaching license, you may qualify for a Practitioner license while you complete graduate coursework, but you must enroll in an EPP program. Please review here: https://www.tn.gov/education/licensing/educator-preparation/educator-preparation-programs-providers.html
- Belief in the GDPST mission that all students are capable of success while preparing them for college, leadership, and life
- Ability to meet deadlines related to lesson plan submission, grades, and other requirements
- Humility, sense of humor, and rock-solid commitment to Green Dot’s mission and the communities we serve
Our teacher salary is based on years of certified experience and ranges from $47,000-$74,750. We also offer comprehensive benefits plan as well as the opportunity to impact a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of all students.
If you are interested in applying, please find the appropriate listing for your desired position at https://greendot.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TN.
This employer strives for a balanced, productive workforce, which is diverse in terms of age, gender, and cultural identity. We do not base hiring or promotional decisions on factors other than performance and professional growth potential. Please note that we are unable to sponsor H1 VISA applicants.