Website Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee
Job Title: Special Projects Manager
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Work Towards Something Bigger. Join Green Dot Public Schools as our Special Projects Manager!
Job Description: Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee (GDPST) is seeking a detail oriented project manager to work closely with our Chief of Staff to take on various work streams to support the work that our schools do on a daily basis. The Special Projects Manager (SPM) will be responsible for managing projects assigned by the Chief of Staff and providing operational support to various teams within the organization and will be able to provide input and expertise on those projects.
About Green Dot Public Schools: Green Dot Public Schools is a network of five public charter schools in Memphis, Tennessee that operates both “fresh start” schools and “zoned-enrollment” turnaround schools. From 6th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees.
What You’ll Do
- Manage projects directed by the Chief of Staff in various areas by planning, implementing, establishing key performance indicators, and following through as needed
- Conduct research, review, evaluate and analyze available data and information in order to complete required projects by established deadlines
- Support the Chief of Staff with all work related to our Board that includes, but is not limited to: scheduling, agenda creation, setting up technology, gathering necessary materials, and supporting board members as needed
- Develop and contribute information; communicate recommendations for improvements of organizational, structural, utilization, budget and other project components
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the network to generate and post social media content on our various platforms
- Utilize graphic design skills for social media posts, flyers, and other informational handouts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about making a difference in the urban charter school sector, is very detail oriented, can receive and implement feedback, likes working on various different projects, enjoys learning, is able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, and can consistently meet project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience working in project management or similar field
- Experience creating and posting social media content
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Proven success in getting projects done while meeting deadlines and requirements
- A willingness to see problems as opportunities and a solution minded approach