Website Journey Community Schools
Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an instructor at JCS, you will deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual. In addition, you will empower students to take control of their own learning and contribute to the continuous improvement of our nationally recognized model. Your professional learning community will provide a supportive and collaborative environment to fuel your growth and development. Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to excel in all areas of life.
What You Will Do:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief of Paving Pathways to Success for all scholars and teammates
- Administer academic diagnostic tests
- Participate as a member of a team to identify the needs and specific goals and objectives of each child’s IEP
- Instruct students with IEPs for the purpose of developing appropriate academic and interpersonal skills
- Consult and articulate with faculty and parents via meetings, phone, and email regarding the needs and progress of students
- Create and maintain notifications, records, files, and reports as required by federal, state, and SELPA regulations
- Maintain knowledge of current regulations pertaining to special education
- Participate in Student Study Team meetings and follow up plans as needed
- Collaborate with faculty to ensure that students modifications and accommodations are being appropriately implemented in the general education classroom
What You Will Bring:
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Ability and willingness to implement students’ IEPs
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions; ability and good judgment to take initiative to modify activities
- Ability to collaborate with general education and special education colleagues, parents and community
- Ability to work with an ethnically and economically diverse student body
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Valid/current Special Education Credential (Mild/Moderate)
- 2+ years working with students with special needs in an educational setting strongly preferred
We are currently offering a $1500 sign on bonus!
Journey Community Schools offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, small payroll contributions for rich benefit plans, life insurance/short-term and long-term disability, participation in a TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
Journey Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. JCS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.