Leadership Preparatory Charter School
Be an Educator at Leadership Preparatory Charter School. Change the World.
Closing the achievement gap in education and providing students a safe and emotional supportive school is hard work. It requires committed and dedicated teachers, with a relentless and unapologetic focus on scholar achievement and positive character development. If that describes you – we want you to join the Leadership Preparatory Team!
Kindergarten – ELA
1st Grade – Math and Science
5th Grade – Science
7th Grad – Math
8th Grade – Science
8th Grade – Social Studies
Behavior Support Specialist
Leadership Prep has launched an urgent search for committed, creative, intelligent, and hard-working Educators. Our strongest candidates will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Embodiment of Leadership Preparatory I LEAD character values— Integrity, Leadership, Enthusiasm, Achievement, and Determination
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance
- Desire and ability to work in fast pace mission driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Desire to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Modeling lifelong learning by engaging in individual professional development
- Goal-driven, analytical problem solvers, and embody a can-do spirit and strong work ethic
- Willingness to have frequent and honest dialogue about job performance feedback
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required. Valid Tennessee or equivalent teaching license or enrollment and educator preparation program required.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
- Evaluates each student’s growth, performance, and understanding in relationship to the level being taught; communicates on individual student’s progress.
- Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the philosophy, goals and objectives outlined in the curriculum.
- Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
- Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and learning opportunities.
- Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of understanding regarding each student’s abilities and needs. Maintain accurate and complete student records.
- Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis, provides appropriate activities to address student needs and generates progress reports as required.
- Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral presentations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Makes are optional but strongly encouraged.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Memphis, TN 38111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person