Elementary & Middle School Educators
Website LeadPrepMemphis Leadership Preparatory Charter School
Change the Narrative. We are Committed Strong Urban Educators
Be an Educator at Leadership Preparatory Charter School. Change the Narrative. We are Committed and Strong Urban Educators.
Closing the achievement gap in education is hard work. It requires committed and dedicated educators, with a relentless and unapologetic focus on scholar achievement. If that describes you – we want you to join the Leadership Preparatory Team!
Leadership Prep provides students in grades K-8 with the academic and character foundation necessary to excel in high school, graduate from college, and lead their communities.
Leadership Prep has launched an urgent search for committed, intelligent, and hard-working educators.
Our Highest Need Areas Include:
– K-5 Phonics/ELA
-Middle School Math
-Middle School Social Studies
Our strongest candidates will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Unwavering belief in and commitment to fulfill Leadership Prep’s mission.
- Embodiment of Leadership Preparatory I LEAD character values— Integrity, Leadership, Enthusiasm, Achievement, and Determination.
- Belief that closing the achievement gap in education requires great teachers implementing data driven instruction.
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Desire to work as a member of a collaborative team.
- Modeling lifelong learning by engaging in individual professional development.
- Goal-driven, analytical problem solvers, and embody a can-do spirit and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to have frequent and honest dialogue about job performance feedback.
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required. Valid Tennessee or equivalent teaching license required. Applicants enrolled in a Educator Prep Program (TEP or EEP) are eligible for hire.
- Develop and implement ambitious, rigorous, and standards-aligned curricula, lesson and unit plans, and activities to meet and exceed academic standards.
- Design and implement rigorous assessments aligned to academic targets.
- Provide engaging, differentiated, appropriately paced, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group, and individual settings.
- Establish and maintain a culture of achievement in their classroom; uphold school-wide and class systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues and Head of School to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students.
- Implement data tracking system and use data to inform instructional development and delivery
Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in training, professional development and learning activities.
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices.
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements by given deadlines.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.