Change the Narrative. We are Committed Strong Urban Educators
Be a Teacher at Leadership Preparatory Charter School. Change the World.
Closing the achievement gap in education is hard work. It requires committed and dedicated teachers, with a relentless and unapologetic focus on scholar achievement. If that describes you – we want you to join the Leadership Preparatory Team!
Leadership Prep has launched an urgent search for committed, intelligent, and hard-working teachers. Our strongest candidates will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Unwavering belief in and commitment to fulfill Leadership Prep’s mission
- Embodiment of Leadership Preparatory I LEAD character values— Integrity, Leadership, Enthusiasm, Achievement, and Determination
- Belief that closing the achievement gap in education requires great teachers implementing data driven instruction
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Desire to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Modeling lifelong learning by engaging in individual professional development
- Goal-driven, analytical problem solvers, and embody a can-do spirit and strong work ethic
- Willingness to have frequent and honest dialogue about job performance feedback
ESL/ELL Teachers are responsible for providing excellent instruction to all students including our students requiring ELL services. ELL teachers are also responsible for facilitating all supports for our ELLs, including collaborating with our general education teachers. They will actively participate in professional development and form strong relationships with both students and families.
- Support and contribute to a school-wide focus on three pillars: academic achievement, strong character education, and social emotional learning and growth.
- Establish a rigorous, supportive, and joyful classroom culture that has high expectations for students’ individual and collective success.
- Instruct ELL students with purpose, clarity, and urgency.
- Coordinate services among internal and external providers.
- Carefully monitor student progress to ensure that student needs are being met.
- Help to establish and communicate policies and operating procedures for English Language Learners programs and activities.
- Manage the screening and assessment of ELL students.
Carefully monitor and manage matters pertaining to compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Serve as the school’s liaison in matters pertaining to English Language Learners.
Identify and spread best practices for ELL instruction, including promising practices from within and outside of Leadership Prep.
- Welcome opportunities to develop professionally
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the school-wide management system
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, school leaders, and teachers
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate and effective techniques for engaging parents as they learn similar techniques to assist in the academic and/or development of his/her child
Tennessee teaching licensing with ELL endorsement (or current enrollment in a licensure program)
Experience in an urban public school is preferred, but not required.
We have part-time opportunities available.