Change the Narrative. We are Committed Strong Urban Educators
We are seeking a high capacity, fiercely positive, growth-oriented Operations Associate to execute on the vision of high quality operation integrity. A strong operations team helps foster an environment where every adult in the building can focus on preparing ALL students to excel in high school, graduate from college and lead in their community.
Leadership Prep is seeking a full-time Operations Associate who embodies these leadership skills and characteristics:
- Advocates and operationalizes the school’s mission, vision, expectations, and values.
- Demonstrates a high level of professional maturity including emotional constancy in stressful situations, has an ability to bring out the best in others, is a solution seeker, and acts as a positive force to motivate others.
- Carefully manages tasks and time, is extremely well-organized, and is detail oriented.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively relate to, engage, and communicate with a diverse group of students and their families in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- Communicates effectively in both formal and informal settings.
· Year-round management of student enrollment and roster configuration, and withdrawal process in Power-School.
· Manage audit of student records for ongoing completeness and accuracy in SIS – ensure that every student record is accurate and updated on a timely basis.
· Oversee student & staff attendance data process & ensure that it is reconciled & accurate each day.
· Produce academic reports (i.e. report cards, progress reports, etc.).
· Provide leadership team with ad-hoc reports & data dashboards on daily/weekly/monthly basis (as requested by the Director of Operations and Executive Director).
· Coordinate student health services; monitor student health & safety for any unusual/troubling trends; coordinate with health care professionals to ensure that students receive appropriate care & immunizations.
· Coordinate daily student transportation services as well as field trips; monitor for troubling trends and elevate issues to the Director of Operations as appropriate.
· Coordinate daily student food services at the campus; ensure the accurate tracking of student meal consumption; troubleshoot with the Director of Operations.
· Serve as point person for teacher technical support in using the SIS for attendance and grade book; serve as liaison with IT Support Service Vendor on IT related issues.
· Manage school inventory and assets (IT, furniture, etc.).
· Manage school compliance items (NSLP, Health & Safety, etc.).
· Research and develop best practices in school operations.
· Review and update student records, answering phones, supporting student activities as needed, supporting school operations as it relates to snacks, copying, and other secretarial duties as required, and setting and meeting benchmarks on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Lead special projections: Supply closet organization, library organization, computer inventory, supply inventory, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bilingual Spanish speaker (preferred).
· Effective communication skills in written and oral form.
· Ambition and desire to grow as a leader.
· Openness to feedback.
· Willingness take personal responsibility for the operation of the school, and has the ability to learn from one’s mistakes.
· Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
· Displays maturity and ability to work independently under pressure.
· Displays an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Displays personal and professional integrity and maturity.
· Strong technological proficiency using Google Suite and Microsoft Office products.
· At least two years of operation experience (preferred).
· Holds a B.A./B.S. degree (required).