Change the Narrative. We are Committed Strong Urban Educators
The Operations Assistant at Leadership Preparatory Charter School is a key member of the operations team. The Operations Assistant is responsible for creating and sustaining a welcoming environment in the school and managing the main office. Additional responsibilities include greeting parents, scholars, and other stakeholders, serving as secretary to the Operations Manager and School Director, and performing various support services for all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to the school vision and mission
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and zeal for working in an entrepreneurial school environment
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to accept feedback
- Willingness to grow
- Experience and/or passion for working with youth
Detailed Job Responsibilities Attendance and Record Management
- Create, print, collect and file daily attendance reports
- Maintains accurate scholar attendance records in PowerSchool; alerts Operations Manager of scholar attendance problems; may contact parents to verify absence of scholars.
- Submit and file all acceptable absences in PowerSchool and scholar cumulative file
- Co-develop and maintain attendance incentive programs with Operations Manager
- Maintains records and files for scholar information.
Community and Family Support
- Assist with coordination activities of volunteers; provides training; assigns and reviews tasks.
- Maintains current listings of volunteers.
- Registers incoming scholars and processes enrollment materials; completes data input on computer; coordinates services and information with sending/receiving schools and district offices; completes procedures for students withdrawing from the school.
- Provide operational support for implementing lunch, snack, and dinner programs
- Submits daily lunch and dinner counts
- Lunch Assist
- Administers first aid and medication to scholars for the purpose of meeting their immediate health care needs.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Manages the operation of the school’s Main Office. Serves as building receptionist; answers and responds to telephone and in-person inquiries from scholars, staff, parents and the public. Receives and distributes mail.
- Compiles data for enrollment and other reports and lists; formats and types correspondence, forms, memoranda and reports from handwritten drafts or dictation; duplicates materials.
- Troubleshoot problems with office equipment and calls for service as necessary.
- Provides clerical assistance to teachers and staff, as time allows or as authorized by Operations Manager or School Director.
- Assist in supporting scholar transitions, scholar dismissal, breakfast, lunch, restroom, and hallway duty, as needed under the direction of the Operations Manager and School Director.
- Assist with support of field trips.
Scholar, Community, and Family Engagement
- Foster an attitude of cooperation and positive support with all school patrons and families.
- Collection of attendance reports and other administrative duties as required.
- Coordinates a variety of programs as requested, Family Orientation, Parent Teacher Conferences, Parent Advisory Council, Family Game Nights, etc.
Testing and Technology
- Assist with the distribution, collection, and securing of laptops.
- Keep track of supplies including overseeing the supply closet and assist in ordering supplies as needed (e.g., copy paper, toner, etc.).
- Assist with the delivery of supplies and equipment.
- Learn and work with school specific adopted administrative technology (NWEA MAP, Google Docs, email, academic dashboards, etc.).
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, as needed.
- Manage operations on two floors through the use of stairs.
- Additional responsibilities as needed to meet the needs of the school.
- Willingness to be flexible
At least 1 year of experience in a customer-service oriented position.
- High School Diploma with Bachelor Degree preferred (High School Diploma with Associate Degree required)
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with GoogleDocs and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to perform general office management tasks including maintaining inventory records, etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Benefits and retirement eligible.
We are looking for candidates to join our team July 11, 2022.