Family Engagement Assistant
Website Libertas School of Memphis
Cultivate minds, hands, and hearts in Memphis!
Libertas School of Memphis is a Montessori, liberal arts public charter school serving a high-need neighborhood in Memphis. Our mission is to be a school for human flourishing: cultivating minds, hands, and hearts for lives of wonder, work, and love. We offer our students a rich, rigorous, and personalized education through Montessori learning, supported with rich liberal arts content through Core Knowledge and the best practices of high-performing urban schools. We foster an attachment village of support among school, families, and our community. We serve approximately 500 children 6 weeks through 5th grade in inclusive, multi-age classrooms.
Help maintain and grow our school community by collecting and maintaining information from and about families for registration, attendance, and related initiatives.
Support family engagement team outcomes for attendance, recruitment, enrollment, and community outreach to maintain and grow our school community.
- Year-round, full-time salaried position, generally following the school calendar. Flexible summer schedule based on school needs and team progress toward desired outcomes.
- Meaningful professional development and advancement opportunities.
- Work days follow the published school calendar; work hours are generally Monday & Friday 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Wednesday 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM for faculty meetings. This role will frequently help support events outside of normal hours, and limited flex time may be available occasionally.
- Reports to: Dean of Family Engagement
- Key relationships: Principal, People Officer, AV team, Office staff, Teachers & Assistants, Families
Measures of successes
- 100% accuracy and compliance with student records
- 100% of PreK-related data accurate, up-to-date, and submitted within the correct timeline
- .Family engagement: 100% on-time completion of Family Partnership Meetings, Brigance, and Family Outcomes Assessment
- Timely and thorough completion of tasks
- Stakeholder satisfaction: 90% among teachers and families
- Satisfactory performance evaluations
- Other indicators
- Manages student registration and enrollment applications and documentation.
- Ensures all student files are fully compliant with state and district requirements.
- Supports Libertas’ efforts in planning and implementing initiatives for recruiting, registering, and retaining students to ensure a healthy and growing school community of students and families.
PreK Family Support
- Schedules and administers Fall, Winter, and Spring developmental assessments for PreK children.
- Meets three times per year with PreK families to establish and monitor family goals and document all meetings.
- Support referrals for PreK families for wraparound services as appropriate and document all referrals.
Family Engagement & Events
- Supports twice-monthly family events in response to the needs and goals of our families, including a monthly focus on Early Childhood and either Coffee & Conversations or Parenting Partners.
- Supports the execution of several school-wide events each year, including Back-to-School Night; Mid-Year and End-of-Year Poetry Celebrations; Fifth Grade Going Forth Ceremony; and a Black History Month Program.
- Supports a variety of effective strategies to promote timeliness and attendance while reducing chronic absenteeism.
- Assists management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information related to attendance.
- Assists in attendance efforts by performing clerical and administrative tasks related to attendance interventions.
- Other: Provides clerical support in the day-to-day operations of the family engagement team as directed.
- Support other school initiatives as needed; other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and traits
- Role-specific qualifications: significant experience working successfully with students and families in a similar community; demonstrated project management or similar experience.
- A warm demeanor and strong communication skills.
- HS Diploma
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Flexible, takes initiative, and has a strong sense of personal ownership to thrive in an entrepreneurial / startup environment.
- Experience in education, nonprofits, and urban communities preferred
- Work collaboratively, with a growth mindset. Give and receive feedback in a spirit of craftsmanship
- Model of character
- Dedication to support human flourishing through the Montessori method and the school’s philosophy of wonder, work, and love for all students.
- Salary/wage $38,640-$40,480 based on experience
- Participation in retirement plan (5% of salary matched toward 401k)
- Paid sick and vacation leave.
- Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance benefits, which we sponsor at an above-market rate. We also offer dental, vision, and other benefits similar to local schools.