Technology Support Manager (2022-2023 – Role Available Now)
Website Memphis Rise Academy
The Technology Support Manager will work as part of the larger operations team to manage staff- and student-facing support of all high-usage technology items. The efficient daily operation of our school relies on uninterrupted usage of technology. The availability of urgent, effective support when challenges with technology usage arise is mission critical to the functionality of our school. We are looking to add a responsive, solutions-oriented technology expert to our team to support this happening every day.
· Respond to and resolve in-moment requests for technical support with devices such as (but not limited to) computers, tablets, copiers, and printers, utilizing external resources to reach resolution when needed, and escalating to external support partners when needed
· Receive, triage, assign (as needed), and respond to (as needed) all requests into the school’s operational help desk system (which may or may not be technology-related), ensuring effective and timely support is provided to stakeholders
· Track and manage consumable supply usage, stocking, and ordering for copiers and printers
· Track and manage ongoing inventory of school-owned devices
· Manage deployment of staff and student devices
· Manage sign-out and scheduling system for classroom computer carts
· Create and present staff- and student-facing training materials relating to basic usage and care of technology (including, but not limited to, computers, tablets, copiers, and printers)
· Serve as primary liaison to technical contacts with external vendors/third-party partners
Ideal Candidates _______________________________________________________________
· Required: At least 2 years of work in the technology field, ideally in technical support with hands-on hardware experience
· Required: Advanced proficiency with macOS, Windows, ChromeOS, iPadOS, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Google Workspace
· Required: Ability to learn gain proficieny in new systems/softwares through ressearch and learning
· Required: Experience with basic maintenance to printers and copiers (clearing of jams, replacing of consumables, etc.)
· Preferred: Experience with Clever, Schoolrunner, NWEA, PowerSchool
· Preferred: Experience with Aruba (switches, WAPs, virtual controller), network design and insfrastructure, VeloCloud SD-WAN, Infinias access control, Jamf, CrashPlan
· Preferred: Experience working in a school setting
Memphis Rise Academy is open to a wide variety of candidates and has a history of hiring candidates with vastly disparate background and experience.
Our ideal candidates are individuals who understand that doing the best we can for students every day is the ultimate goal, and reaching that goal requires flexibility, creativity, true belief in the potential of our students and school, and an asset-based mindset towards all school stakeholders. We believe that every person in every role on our school team is an integral part of the student experience, and shares responsibility for creating consistency within that experience. Our ideal candidate would share these beliefs and be dedicated to creating executing the duties of the role in a way that is aligned to the school’s vision and core values.
Role Specifications __________________________________________________________
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: This role will work during typical staff hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with additional hours as assigned or appropriate for the workload.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: This role includes prolonged periods remaining stationary, and requires the ability to bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The majority of this role is completed in a school setting, which is made up of work in offices, classrooms, and other public areas of a school building.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Memphis Rise Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply__________________________________________________________________
To apply for any open position at Memphis Rise Academy, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.