Website Memphis Rise Academy
Memphis Rise Academy’s instructional positions provide ambitious and committed teachers with an opportunity to make a uniquely substantive impact on the lives of our middle school students. We are looking for individuals who are motivated to work in an environment that is focused on preparing students for post-high school success, as well as who have a passion for impacting students beyond just the execution of their curriculum. Responsibilities of instructional positions are detailed below.
· Plan and execute a daily core curricular lesson, generally taught in four 45-minute class periods.
· Frequently assess students on core curricular content and manage the grading and data entry process of assessment cycles.
· Maintain a well-managed classroom environment, consistent with Memphis Rise Academy’s core values of Responsibility, Excellence, Ambition, Commitment and Honesty, as well as our school’s expectations of structure and urgency.
· Collaborate with members of the school Leadership Team and other support staff to identify and address challenges in a solutions-oriented, student-centered manner.
· Implement modifications and accommodations of students’ Individualized Education Plans (IEP), ESL Individual Learning Plan (ILP), and 504 service plans.
· Serve in tandem with another teacher as a classroom advisor in Memphis Rise Academy’s daily Advisory program, helping students prepare for college through thematic activities such as goal-setting, self-reflection and betterment, and peer collaboration.
· Participate in a regular coaching and feedback cycle, including review of/feedback on lesson materials and observation of/feedback on instructional execution, coupled with a commitment to implementation of feedback.
· Lead a Focus (academic intervention) group, each Monday-Thursday, of students who, through internally and externally collected data, show a need for remediation and/or extension in assigned curricular area.
· Communicate with parents through weekly Rise Reports (school-issued progress reports given every Friday) by writing holistic progress notes and also ensuring regularly entry of assignment, participation, and assessment grades such that Rise Reports accurately reflect current student performance.
· Participate in Memphis Rise Academy Professional Development, beginning in summer and continuing each Friday afternoon (after early dismissals) throughout the year.
· Assist with school operations related to Registration, Parent-Teacher Conferences, school arrival and dismissal, and parent/community events during school hours.
· Other reasonable duties designed to complement those above, assigned by the Principal or members of Memphis Rise Academy’s Leadership Team.
Ideal Candidates _______________________________________________________________
Memphis Rise Academy is open to a wide variety of candidates and has a history of hiring candidates with vastly disparate background and experience. All candidates for instructional positions at Memphis Rise Academy must hold, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree, and must enter the school year either with a valid Tennessee teaching license holding the necessary endorsement(s), or enrolled in a job-embedded Educator Preparation Program (EPP) which has been confirmed will lead to the issuance of a practitioner license during the first year of employment.
Our ideal candidates are individuals who understand that doing the best we can for students every day is the ultimate goal, and reaching that goal requires flexibility, creativity, true belief in the potential of our students and school, and an asset-based mindset towards all school stakeholders. We are looking for people who want to commit themselves to preparing our students for college and being engines for them to, in many cases, begin believing that college is not just a possibility, but a realistic and achievable goal.
Role Specifications __________________________________________________________
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: This position may seldom require lifting up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The majority of this role is completed in a school setting, which is made up of work in offices, classrooms, and other public areas of a school building.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Memphis Rise Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.