Website Memphis School of Excellence
Supports an organization or department by performing secretarial and clerical services for school locations. Assist management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides general clerical and secretarial support for programs and projects.
- Prepares various reports detailing the administrative information handled by the position. Prepare basic correspondence; order supplies and cover telephones for school location.
- Identifies issues or problems and seek assistance from higher level personnel or management.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports, records, correspondence, and files related to assigned service, activities, and operations; provides for appropriate research and compiles reports, as needed.
- Provides secretarial and clerical support, performing such duties as scheduling meetings and appointments, compiling data for reports, making travel and accommodations arrangements for staff.
- Composes, prepares, types, copies, files, processes, mails and/or transmits various routine documents, which may include forms, correspondence, memos, presentation materials, reports and other documents.
- Maintains efficient record-keeping systems.
- May provide technical and clerical assistance in the preparation of assigned budgets; may monitor expenditures, process invoices, process payroll, reconcile accounts, and prepare related financial records and reports.
- Answers the telephone; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed; greets and assists office visitors.
- Receives and responds to basic inquiries, routine requests for assistance and concerns from other District departments, schools, agencies, organizations, professionals and the public.
- May perform specialized duties particular to the assigned department.
- Attends staff, committee and District meetings as required.
- Attends training, meetings, seminars and/or workshops to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Bilingual preferred not required
Active Learning– Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.
Active Listening– Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Critical Thinking– Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Learning Strategies– Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
Monitoring– Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Reading Comprehension– Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Science – Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
Speaking– Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Writing– Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
- Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
- Outdoors, Exposed to Weather Physical Proximity