MS & HS Interventionist (2023-2024)
The Soulsville Charter School
The Soulsville Charter School is seeking an interventionists for the 2023-2024 school year who will go the extra mile to ensure that their students achieve at high levels. We currently offer the following courses to our students:
Begun in 2005, The Soulsville Charter School (TSCS)’s mission is to prepare students for success in college and life in an academically rigorous, music-rich environment. Located in the inner-city neighborhood of Soulsville, USA, in Memphis, TN, TSCS is adjacent to the site of historic Stax Records, where the Stax Museum of American Soul Music now celebrates and preserves the Stax story. TSCS began with sixty students in sixth grade and has since grown to serve 660+ students in grades 6-12 with about a third of the students living in the Soulsville community. TSCS is a tuition-free, public charter school that is about changing kids’ life trajectories.
100% of our first ten graduating classes (2012 – 2023) were accepted into college.
Rated “EXCELLENT” on Shelby County Schools’ School Performance Scorecard
Nationally Ranked High School, U.S. News and World Report
2018 Standing Ovation Award
2015 Score Prize Winner
2014 Reward School
The Soulsville Charter School’s unique, college-prep programming and school culture includes:
- Mission-Aligned Team
- Focused Approach to Curriculum: Backwards Planning, Data-Driven Instruction, Assigned and Mandatory Tutoring
- Character Education & Social-Emotional Learning through Advisory
- School-Wide Culture: Consistency for Students and Staff
- College Guidance and Alumni Support
- Unique Exposure Opportunities for Students
- Community Partnerships
- Plan and provide reading and/or math intervention instruction to groups of students using school-provided materials.
- Plans interventions and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students within state and school requirements.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district and administrative regulations.
- Uses screening and progress monitoring data to determine interventions and results of interventions.
- Participates in data meetings to determine the learner centered problem and problem of practice.
- Assess and progress monitor students using EasyCBM to ensure fidelity with the assessment and invention.
- Participate in training / PD / collaboration as requested to learn intervention tools.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Effective teaching experience with evidence of effective student growth
- Skills in instructional practices and classroom management for student achievement
- Experience with teaching and/or supporting early literacy and foundational math
- Demonstrate expertise in motivating struggling students through cooperative learning, technology, and best practices
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility, initiative, and personal responsibility to work in fast-paced, startup environment
- Work collaboratively, with a growth mindset. Give and receive feedback in a spirit of craftsmanship.