Aurora Collegiate Academy
Aurora Collegiate Academy is a college preparatory K– 5th grade public charter school for students across Memphis. Aurora opened in August 2012 with the mission to prepare our students to enter and excel in a rigorous secondary school and eventually in a 4-year college or university.
If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to build a school that does whatever it takes to ensure college success for all children.
Members of Aurora Collegiate Academy staff will work to prepare students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade with the academic, social, and character foundation necessary to compete in college and beyond. It is the expectation that Aurora staff will teach through our mission, instill our core values, and do ‘whatever it takes’ to provide students with the education they deserve.
We are looking for an teacher to help achieve our mission. We are currently exploring different enrichment options and are open to all art forms.
The art/music teacher will:
- Adhere to the school policies around behavior expectations, with rewards and consequences.
- Planning lessons on art and art history in accordance with students’ learning objectives.
- Prepare the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Develop students’ drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Teach students about art history.
- Assign and grade projects
- Record and report on students’ progress.
- Monitor inventory and source art supplies, as needed.
- Attend school functions and collaborative meetings as requested.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit pupils’ work for the school and the community.
- Develop instructional plans and organize class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time
- Supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner that represents our PRIDE values.
- Follow all professional norms.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Aurora Collegiate Academy.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college.
- A state issued teaching license, or are in the process of obtaining a state issues teaching license.
- A willingness to complete all duties and responsibilities to the fullest.
- A belief that all students can succeed in college and a desire to lead students to that outcome.
Please complete the application and submit an updated resume.