Director of Advancement
Website New Hope Christian Academy
Position: Director of Advancement
The Director of Advancement is a member of the Senior Administrative Team and provides strategic leadership, vision, and management for all areas of development, marketing, communications, recruitment, admissions, alumni, and community relations.
The Director of Advancement reports to the Head of School, supervising a team of four full-time and two part-time staff.
● Develops the annual advancement plan and budget, ensuring alignment with the current strategic plan and school-wide budget.
● Supervises, sets direction, and supports the goals for each member of the Advancement team and provides regular and annual performance feedback.
● Works with Marketing & Communications personnel to plan and implement a comprehensive long-range internal and external communications/marketing plan, with annual review and evaluation.
● Works with Admissions and Recruitment personnel to gather and analyze admissions and recruitment data to plan and implement a comprehensive admissions and recruitment strategy, with annual review and evaluation.
● Works with Alumni Support personnel to create and execute alumni engagement strategies to promote involvement with a long-term goal of financial support.
● Works with the Chair of the Development Committee – setting agendas, providing data, and coordinating all fundraising efforts. Serves as staff for the board to report updates on advancement and other strategic initiatives.
● Oversees all annual event planning and yearly solicitation strategy and schedule.
● Oversees events (e.g., alumni and friend receptions, Tastes of New Hope, parent receptions, recognition events, reunion weekends, and special celebrations) that promote the connection of individuals to New Hope.
● Serves as the senior strategist in developing and implementing a major gifts program, including identifying, cultivating, soliciting, recognizing, and stewarding donors.
● Oversees gift reporting, acknowledgments, accounting, and data management.
● Writes grant applications and reports as appropriate.
● Assists in developing and implementing the school’s future strategic plans and works with the Head of School to implement strategic advancement goals for the institution.
● Works with Finance and Operations staff to reconcile fundraising reports and ensure tax compliance for all gifts, sponsorships, and acknowledgments.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
● At least five years of experience in development/fundraising.
● An appreciation and understanding of New Hope’s unique mission and a love for God and His children.
● A proven track record of fundraising success, including planning and implementing a cohesive development strategy and soliciting and securing major gifts.
● Well-versed in strategic planning, with skills that include creative thinking, extensive research and analysis, critical reflection, tough-mindedness, and practical execution
● Thorough understanding of current trends in advancement and fundraising, particularly issues facing independent schools and educational institutions.
● A Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with executive leadership, colleagues, and volunteers.
● Supervisory experience demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop an advancement team to achieve strategic goals.
● Fluency with donor tracking software, prospect research technology, and social media platforms.
● Outstanding communication and public presentation skills, both oral and written, and superior interpersonal skills, with a natural way of connecting with various constituents and audiences.