Website St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School
Do you have a love of children and a gift for inspiring young minds? If so, we are looking for you. We currently have job openings at the elementary school level in grades K – 3rd for individuals to join our outstanding faculty. You must have the ability to develop engaging and innovative lessons that allow our students to grow academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. You must be someone who incorporates technology and hands-on learning experiences into the classroom with enthusiasm. Additionally, the ideal candidate also believes in collaboration with other colleagues and promotes understanding and communication in a warm Christ -centered community.
● Create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on national, local and school standards and knowledge of developmental behaviors.
● Deliver high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
● Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
● Evaluate student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
● Maintain a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modeling expected behavior and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviors that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
● Communicate with parents regarding student progress periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent / teacher conferences.
● Improve skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
● Model positive character virtues and habits. Assist students in developing positive moral and performance character attributes.
● Bachelor’s degree in science or education
● Current teaching certification
● Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
● Experience in using MS Teams and Google Classroom
● Comfort in a team environment
Send CV with references and Philosophy of Teaching to email@example.com
Attn: Alicia Brown – Principal, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School