Website Southern Ave Charter Elementary School
Southern Ave Charter Elementary school is seeking several certified elementary teachers for the upcoming school year, with a passion for teaching 1st grade all subjects, 2nd grade science and math, 4th grade science and math emphasis. Southern Ave Charter School of Creative Excellent has been operating for over 18 years and has earned the Award School in the past.
Southern Ave Charter Elementary School is in need of a Certified 5th grade math teacher with strong math and classroom management skills to join our team.
We ensure our teachers feel supported by our operations program, celebrated for their excellence, happy to be engaged in the fun work of teaching alongside great colleagues, and excited about the incredible opportunity to learn and improve in each moment.
Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation of Southern Ave Charter School’s curriculum and the success of its students. Teachers report to the School Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practice and develop Key Teacher Skills daily
- Bring joy and excitement to the work every day
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards
- Utilize various curriculum resources
- Create lesson plans
- Work with special education team to implement accommodations and modifications for students with IEPs, 504 plans, and/or Behavior Intervention Plans
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities
- Create, review, and grade student assignments and assessments
- Use assessment data and feedback structures to inform instructional decisions
- Observe and provide feedback for other teachers
- Uphold MDP’s detailed and consistent behavioral systems
- Communicate with students with optimistic growth mindset language
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Additional duties as assigned
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Belief in and alignment with MDP’s mission
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Valid TN teaching license in appropriate grade level/content area OR enrollment in an approved teacher preparation program
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area