Interim Third Grade Teacher
Website St. George's Independent School
St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as an Interim Third Grade Teacher beginning in May, 2023.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required
· Previous work with children in an educational setting is required
· Two or more years of teaching is preferred
· Independent school experience is preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
- use effective teaching methods and deploy an engaging and integrated curriculum;
- support a program that meets the social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative needs of individual students and the community;
- offer small group and individualized help to meet student learning needs while evaluating student learning and progress;
- manage a classroom environment that is efficient, comfortable, neat, attractive, and engaging;
implement consistent, effective limit-setting discipline for children and create a positive classroom climate;
- partner with and plan with a lead teacher to collaborate within a co-teaching model; and
- value and create strong communication and partnership with families.
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and to interact with campus visitors. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment, be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Simpson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or 1880 Wolf River Blvd., Collierville, TN 38017.