Lower School Design Thinking & STEM Teacher
Website St. George's Independent School
St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, creative, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as Lower School Design Thinking & STEM Teacher beginning August, 2023.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education, science, or engineering; Master’s degree in education, science, or engineering preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
· think entrepreneurially and lead others with an articulated vision about how science, technology, engineering, and math education can transform student engagement and learning
· teach integrated science programs in early childhood and elementary classes
· collaborate on designing interdisciplinary curriculum with teaching teams to integrate design thinking with curriculum goals and outcomes
· use advanced technologies that support science, design thinking, engineering, and computer science learning
· attend overnight trips, supervise student programs on specific evenings and weekends, and perform supervisory duties as needed
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and interact with
campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and
present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment and be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Simpson, Director of Finance and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1880 Wolf River Blvd. Collierville, TN 38017.