Summer Camp Counselor
Website St. George's Independent School
Summer Program Camp Gryphon Counselor
Collierville Campus (1880 Wolf River Blvd., Collierville, TN 38017)
St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by students to serve as a Camp Gryphon Counselor from June 5–July 28, 2023.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Minimum Education: High school diploma preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
• exert an enthusiastic, positive, and supportive influence on children;
• exercise consistent and effective discipline in a positive atmosphere; seek opportunities for good relations with parents and community representatives;
• initiate, provide, and implement activities that enhance learning through art, music, stories, and other activities;
• communicate and collaborate with the Coordinator of Summer Programs;
• cooperate and collaborate with all school employees and administration;
• fulfill additional program-related duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Summer Programs
• genuinely care about children and enjoy relating to them while working in their midst;
• • show initiative in responding to needs of program mission within guidelines of provided training and orientation;
• enjoy interacting with children and encouraging them in their goals; and
• be a positive role model for children supporting Judeo-Christian values.
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and to interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment, be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.
To apply, send a resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.