Website St. George's Independent School
St. George’s Independent School seeks a passionate, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual who is energized by work with families to serve as an Upper School Biology teacher beginning August, 2022.
As an Episcopal School, St. George’s welcomes and respects all religious, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We affirm differences as sources of strength that create a culture of transformative diversity, building upon shared experiences that deepen our humanity and enhance the intellectual, social, spiritual and moral development of all students. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is sacred and living this value transforms our institution, our people, and the greater community.
Duration: Annual Letter of Agreement
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in science education is preferred
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience that would include the ability to:
· nurture the curiosity of students in the exploration of human biology, anatomy, astronomy and ecology
· create labs, demonstrations, and field experiences that take advantage of our 240-acre campus’s river, wetlands, pond, and forest ecosystems
· integrate science with relevant technology, challenging real-world problems and problem solving, and other courses
· regularly create experiences where students communicate about their knowledge, collaborate with classmates, examine applications in our world, and pose solutions to global issues
· collaborate with science faculty to ensure a cohesive program and sound vertical alignment of scientific skills and content knowledge
· serve as an advisor for a small group of students
· work as part of a grade level team to plan and implement advisory activities to nurture students’ academic growth, character development, and socio-emotional health
· attend meetings and events that occur outside of school hours, both weekday and weekend
Physical Requirements: Regularly sit, turn, bend, reach, walk, talk, hear, and to interact with campus visitors as well as others who telephone. Must have the ability to understand and present materials and communicate with constituents and co-workers in a harmonious manner.
Candidates will embrace the school’s mission and educational philosophy; candidates must be willing to work in a team environment, be positive, inspirational, and family-centered.