Campus School at The University of Memphis seeks to fill a supervising faculty position for grades Kindergarten – 5th. A bachelor’s degree and an active Tennessee teaching license is required with endorsements in PK-3, K-5, or elective course offerings.
The school is interested in applicants with instructional experience, training in innovative strategies of teaching and learning (including differentiated instruction), brain-based instruction, or other effective research-based instructional models. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching, a commitment to school improvement, an understanding of (and commitment to the) education for all learners, and a willingness to assume a leadership role in the school.
Supervising teachers instruct elementary aged students as well as supervise/coach/mentor pre-service education majors at the University of Memphis College of Education. Campus School has been designated a National Blue Ribbon School by the US Department of Education, a STEM school by the Tennessee Department of Education, and a Reward School by the Tennessee Department of Education.
This is a 10 month faculty position at the University of Memphis with full benefits.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Active Tennessee teaching license as found in the TNCompass public search tool with a PK-3, K-5, or elective course offering endorsement
- At least two years of teaching experience in an elementary classroom
- Supervisory experience, as this person will supervise student staff and college-aged students engaged in observation, practicums, research, and field experiences.
- Demonstrated academic results with a variety of elementary aged learners
All faculty position salaries are commensurate with experience and aligned to the University Schools Supervising Faculty Salary Schedule ($44,808.65 to $70,816.29) with opportunities for extra compensation and access to the tuition benefits at the University.