University Schools (Lipman Early Learning and Research Center)
The ELRC at The University of Memphis seeks to fill a supervising faculty position for children ages 2-6. As a laboratory demonstration preschool, the ELRC is interested in applicants with instructional experience, training in innovative strategies of teaching and learning (including differentiated instruction), or other effective research-based instructional models.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching, a commitment to school improvement, an understanding of (and commitment to the) education for all learners, and a willingness to assume a leadership role in the school.
Supervising teachers instruct early childhood students as well as supervise/coach/mentor pre-service education majors at the University of Memphis College of Education and in the Child Development department. The ELRC, formerly known as the Barbara K. Lipman Early Learning & Research Center has been NAEYC accredited since 1988. This position would teach August to May of each year and would oversee a classroom of 12 – 20 children, as well as a teaching assistant, and internship/field experience students.
This is a 10 month faculty position at the University of Memphis with full benefits.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred (Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or related field)
- Preferred, but not required: Active Tennessee teaching license as found in the TNCompass public search tool with a PK-3 endorsement
- At least two years of teaching experience in an preschool setting
- Supervisory experience, as this person will supervise student staff and college-aged students engaged in observation, practicums, research, and field experiences.
- Demonstrated academic results with a variety of early learners