University Middle School at The University of Memphis seeks to fill a supervising faculty position for grades 6th – 8th. A bachelor’s degree and an active Tennessee teaching license is required with endorsements that allow for teaching middle grades.
The school is interested in applicants with instructional experience, training in innovative strategies of teaching and learning (including differentiated instruction), project based learning, or other effective research-based instructional models. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching, a commitment to school improvement, an understanding of (and commitment to the) education for all learners, and a willingness to assume a leadership role in the school.
Supervising teachers instruct middle aged students as well as supervise/coach/mentor pre-service education majors at the University of Memphis College of Education. University Middle School is consistently one of the top performing academic middle schools in Shelby County.
This is a 10 month faculty position at the University of Memphis with full benefits.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Active Tennessee teaching license as found in the TNCompass public search tool with an endorsement that allows for teaching middle grades
- At least two years of teaching experience in a middle school classroom
- Supervisory experience, as this person will supervise student staff and college-aged students engaged in observation, practicums, research, and field experiences.
- Demonstrated academic results with a variety of middle school aged learners