Our vision is for African American and Latino/a/x students to close the racial wealth gap by becoming entrepreneurs and securing high-wage jobs.
We seek a teaching assistant (TA) to help us scale our entrepreneurial programming with students. The TA will assist the Program Director and Director of Curriculum and Instruction in the implementation of student ideas, delivery of curriculum, and communication with volunteers. The TA will report directly to the Program Director of LITE Memphis.
- Support the Program Director and Director of Curriculum and Instruction with the management and coaching of high school students to implement their ideas.
- Coordinate detailed, weekly action steps for each student based on weekly check-ins.
- Support students with the completion of skills growth activities during weekly curriculum sessions.
- Coordinate communication with program participants, families and volunteers through a weekly digital newsletter.
- Support program participants in the development of their idea or business.
- Conduct periodic progress monitoring check-ins with program participants.
- Deliver curriculum and facilitate weekly program sessions.
- Lead youth entrepreneurship workshops as needed.
- Demonstrate cultural competence and acceptance in– working with individuals of BIPOC communities, individuals who are LGBTQ+, individuals of various socioeconomic backgrounds, and individuals of various religious backgrounds
- Experience and confidence in mentoring high school students
- Demonstrate an interest in entrepreneurship and building more inclusivity in entrepreneurship – Experience in planning and leading projects
- Demonstrate a passion for working with youth entrepreneurs
- Awareness of local non-profit organizations and minority-led businesses in the Memphis area
- Experience volunteering with youth organizations
- Weekend availability
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Extremely organized with email and task management
- Excellent at translating conversations/emails into action steps that can be achieved in a short time frame
- Ability to manage small and large projects and reach ambitious goals
- Ability to network and find the right person within an organization to get a task done
- Ability to think creatively about problems that students will face when launching projects
- Ability to navigate being persistent with communication and relentless about achieving goals while also not being overwhelming in communication
- High school diploma or GED
- At least a junior or senior in college
- Open to recent college graduates or graduate-level students