The Memphis Grizzlies are seeking a Youth Basketball Camp Coach to instruct kids ages 6-14 in an individual and group setting at Grizzlies Youth Basketball Camps in Memphis, TN. Coaches are responsible for teaching the fundamentals of basketball while delivering exciting, memorable, and rewarding experiences to kids attending camps and clinics. Throughout the year, there will be various day-long clinics, multi-day camps, and 4-day camps in the Greater Memphis area.
In This Role You Will
- Provide individual and group basketball instruction for kids ages 6-14 of varying skill levels via drills, exercises, contests, competitions, and skill demonstrations.
- Follow assigned curriculum while also possessing ability to lead self-run drills and activities during stations and at other points during the camp or clinic.
- Coach and officiate teams during scrimmages, ensuring equal playing time, and constructive team play.
- Motivate and encourage participants with a friendly, positive, and caring demeanor. Show constant enthusiasm and assist in delivering messaging about sportsmanship, teamwork, fair play, and similar Grizzlies Youth Basketball principles.
- Ensure participant safety by monitoring activities and by reporting potential injury and/or disciplinary concerns.
- Have respectful and cordial interactions with parents, guardians, facility staff and other program customers.
- Assist with operational tasks such as setup and breakdown, check-in and check-out, lunch monitoring, giveaway distribution, guest appearances.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Collegiate, semi-pro and/or professional playing or coaching experience, OR a minimum of high school playing experience with an additional 2 years coaching experience at the middle school, high school, and/or AAU levels.
- Ability to communicate and to teach the game clearly and effectively.
- Team player, with an ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Good physical condition with ability to demonstrate basketball drills and techniques as required.
- Reliable transportation to and from assigned camps.
- Punctuality and flexibility when assigned to work
Nice to Have:
- Two (2) years college completion or Associate’s degree.
- Teaching or training experience
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment, specifically NBA basketball.
What We Offer
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to provide a fun, diverse, and rewarding work environment for all team members. In addition to offering a competitive hourly wage, we have other great benefits and perks.
Discounts and Perks
- Flexible scheduling around your availability
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Discount game night meals and snack program
- Employee Discounted Grizzlies and Hustle Game Tickets
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Company Swag
- Employee Recognition and Years of Service Awards
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.