Website The Collegiate School of Memphis
Click here to learn more.
We are seeking a music teacher who is familiar with music production equipment and technology and excited to continue the growth of our music course offerings. Our music room is equipped with six iMac computers each equipped with the newest version of ProTools and Ableton softwares and an Ableton Push device for each station. We have four (4) professionally sound proofed practice rooms, two of which are recording studios with four (4) inputs each and one of which is designed as a professional podcast studio.
The Collegiate School of Memphis is an independent, private Christian middle and high school in the heart of Memphis, TN. Our mission is to prepare young ladies and gentlemen for college success within a highly structured, nurturing, Christian environment. During the 2023-2024 school year, Collegiate will serve over 360 students in grades 6-12.
Faculty members at Collegiate work under the direction of the Principal and guidance of the Dean of Curriculum, and Instruction. Teachers must desire to provide a rigorous college-preparatory education and be dedicated to leading scholars emotionally, socially, and spiritually while upholding global methods, systems, and strategies that support outstanding instruction. As a data-driven school, Collegiate requires great attention to detail and deadlines as we glean accurate data that informs our instruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Education and/or experience in desired subject area
- Teaching experience or teacher preparation program
- Strong interest in high-performing Christian education
Known Faculty Position Openings for the 2023-2024 School Year
- High School Music
- ELL Coordinator
Potential Position Openings
- College & Career
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education/Wellness
- Social Studies
- Competitive teacher salaries
- Highly competitive benefits package
- 10-month contract term (August-May)
- 176 school days per year + up to 10 in-service days per year
- General school day hours of 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Faculty meetings, special events, and other activities as assigned