Website Believe Memphis Academy
As a Teacher of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe” or “the School”), this person will ensure every student receives high quality instruction delivered every single day. Each teacher will report directly to the Principal, receiving regular feedback and coaching around his or her instructional and leadership capacity.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with the school’s Mission and vision.
- Valid Tennessee Teacher License with certification in desired grade and/or subject
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching in a predominantly minority, low-income student setting, with measurably high results that demonstrate gap-closing teaching
- Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can be successful when given appropriate, responsive support and an unshakeable conviction that it is our responsibility to ensure children receive those supports.
- Ability to deliver high-quality instruction in a rigorous, structured, and joyful classroom
Leadership experience with quantifiable results of success, outperforming peers in parallel fields and markets
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Commitment to solutions-based problem solving
- Expertise and love of instructional content
- Own the planning, teaching, and reflecting of content/grade(s) assigned. This means completing and submitting intellectually prepared planning documents by the stated deadline on an on-going basis, applying the feedback given before teaching each lesson, being receptive to coaching and feedback on the execution of lessons, and tracking data to create further instruction and intervention plans for students
- In regard to intellectually prepared planning, Teacher must adapt and internalize lesson plans that are aligned to rigorous benchmark assessments and tied to state and nationally standardized assessments and standards, with key points, anticipated student error, and exemplar responses
- Lead reading intervention, enrichment groups, clubs, and/or extra tutoring as needed or directed by the Principal.
- Take an active role in building positive student and team culture of the entire School, every minute of every day that is aligned to Mission, vision, and core values of Believe
- Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of student achievement, promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture
- Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on consistent basis
- Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional and cultural plans that support the Mission and vision of the School
- Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all students are prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Believe, we firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of team members that are reflective of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students and by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience for our students that prepares them for a future reflective of the world in which our students will live and lead.