Website Grizzlies Prep
The Core Content Teacher provides quality instruction and communication to scholars and parents in a positive and organized manner while meeting performance metrics in accordance with the Grizzlies Prep’s Way.
Reports To: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Creates instructional resources for use in the classroom.
2. Plans, prepares and delivers instructional activities.
3. Creates positive educational climate for students to learn in.
4. Meets course and school-wide student performance goals.
5. Participates in ongoing training sessions.
6. Creates lesson plans and modifies accordingly throughout the year.
7. Maintains grade books.
8. Grades papers and performs other administrative duties as needed.
9. Creates projects designed to enhance lectures.
10. Reads and stays abreast of current topics in education.
11. Creates lesson plans.
12. Utilizes various curriculum resources.
13. Integrates competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
14. Utilized curricula that reflect the diverse educational cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the student.
15. Develops incentives to keep participants in class.
16. Utilizes the library resources.
17. Prepares and distributes required reports.
18. Observes and evaluates student’s performance
19. Manages student behaviors in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and endorsement in the grade/subject taught with a valid Tennessee certificate governed by the Rules and Regulations of the Tennessee Code Annotated and the collective bargaining agreement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to be patient.
Ability to adapt.
Ability to create new and interesting ways for students to learn.
Ability to participate in teamwork with other staff members.
Ability to find new learning methods.
Ability to find new ways to expand knowledge via workshops and seminars.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to serve as a good role model.
Ability to practice good leadership.
Knowledge and understanding supporting GP mission and values.