Change the Narrative. We are Committed Strong Urban Educators
Closing the achievement gap in education is hard work. It requires committed and dedicated teachers, with a relentless and unapologetic focus on scholar achievement. If that describes you – we want you to join the Leadership Preparatory Team!
Leadership Prep’s model is built on six central tenets :
- Hiring, Training, and Retaining Exceptional Teachers
- Believing that Literacy is Everything
- Delivering Data – Driven Instruction
- Ensuring Leadership and Character Development for Every Student
- Creating a Structured and Supportive School Culture
- Establishing Strong Partnership with Families
B.A. or B.S. degree required. Valid Tennessee or equivalent teaching license required.
- Write initial, annual and tri-annual IEP
- Inform general education teachers of IEP goals as necessary
- Monitor and support implementation of goals and objectives in general education classrooms
- Provide and/or support modifications and accommodations as needed in general education classrooms
- Update IEP as to the achievement of goals and objectives as the end of every quarter
- Issue quarterly progress reports on IEP goals for students & families.
- Schedule coordinate, and chair the annual IEP meetings in collaboration with families, appropriate clinicians and general education staff.
- Maintain a portfolio of student work samples, anecdotal data, and classroom observations.
- Draw upon a thorough knowledge of each eligible student’s IEP, including nature of the disabling condition, ways the disability affects progress, and the delivery of accommodations and modifications to support progress in the classroom and to provide teachers with effective teaching strategies.
- Encourage parent partnerships and maintains positive communication with families regarding student progress.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
Job Type: Full-time