Website Believe Memphis Academy
As an Associate Teacher (“AT”) of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe Memphis Academy” or “the School”), this person will support the academic and operational needs of the School. The AT will report directly to the designee of the Principal, receiving regular feedback and coaching around his or her performance and leadership capacity. The AT will be responsible for supporting and filling instructional or operational needs of the School in achieving its Mission.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with the school’s Mission and vision.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in minority and underserved communities
- Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can be successful when given appropriate, responsive support and an unshakeable conviction that it is our responsibility to ensure children receive those supports.
- Ability to be flexible in day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by School
- Ability to manage long- and short-term projects with clear deadlines and deliverables
- Commitment to solutions-based problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to reflect our values to diverse group of stakeholders
- Lead small or whole group instruction, supporting students at different achievement levels and executing provided curriculum
- Support the operational needs of the school such as materials preparation, managing orders and delivery of supplies, and work within the Operations Team of the School
- Serve as a substitute, when needed, for absent teachers
- Support critical culture moments like arrival, breaks, lunch/recess, and dismissal
- Support the recruitment and enrollment goals of the School
- Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of student achievement, promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture.
- Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on a consistent basis.
- Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional and cultural plans that support the Mission and vision of the School
- Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all students are prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Believe, we firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of team members that are reflective of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students and by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience for our students that prepares them for a future reflective of the world in which our students will live and lead.